- If you're a firebreather, double the squats and/or swings.
- If swings seem easy or boring, go up in weight. To really get the most out of them, the weight should be such that you can only do 12-15 at a time.
- Non-squatters can leave the squats out of the WOD and reduce the time by 2 minutes. You're not off the hook though; I want you to do 4 solid minutes of squat form work before the WOD each day. This does not mean max reps in 4 minutes, this means a few quality squat movements each minute. The 4 minutes is just a time frame
- Squats are critically important, as they are a foundational movement that other movements will build upon. Also they heal knee joints if done correctly. Of primary importance, however, is that squats are the type of compound muscle exercise that will burn fat and cause the hormonal response that will help you reach your goals.
- EVERY DAY, I need you to text me your WOD times.
- For each new movement in the WOD, I have linked to a video on the movement. Watch them.
- No weak wrists
200 1H swings
With a continuously running clock, perform on the minute:
1 forward lunge each leg
3 2H swings
1 round first minute, 2 rounds second minute, 3 rounds third minute... until you fill the minute. Rest 3 minutes, then repeat.
7 RFT (rounds for time)
7 bent over rows each hand
7 clean and press each hand
7 1H swings each hand
60 thrusters (30 each hand)